In your role as a digital designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of collaborating with other teams to define requirements, iterate on design solutions, and contribute expertise for various digital products.
One of the key aspects of your role is creating digital assets for a wide range of platforms, including websites, social media, display advertising, and video.
As our digital designer, your responsibilities will include designing digital assets, testing them, and optimizing them based on their performance. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software. This role can be filled on a freelance, contractor or (semi) permanent basis.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings.
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Test assets and optimize based on their performance.
- Iterate new designs based on user feedback.
- Create digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms (social, display advertising, eCommerce, websites, mobile apps, etc.).
- Create website assets from hero design to web animations.
- Create email designs for CRM programs and coordinate the creation of email templates in HTML.
- Design and develop homepages, landing pages, and email concepts.
- Create and execute concepts for digital advertising.
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
- Experience in the design thinking process and agile development.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working directly with developers to implement designs.
- Expertise with standard digital design tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, InVision, etc.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Photo and video editing expertise.
- Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices and web production techniques.
- Experience with user-centered design, rapid prototyping, and user testing.
- A good understanding of visual design principles.
- Proven digital content skills.
- Experience creating digital assets for a variety of target audiences.
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth of digital design capabilities.